Saturday, August 6, 2011

Robo Remote and Manic behaviour

£30 worth of remote controls Ben has smashed over the past 3months!! So with the latest one, That I've cobbled together using bits of the old ones, I'm taking no chances-



Duck tape and polystyrene are my best friends :) He wasn't too happy with it but he seemed to reason that this remote is better than no remote!

Ben's been really manic the last few days. Going from being really quiet to laughing, gasping and shouting in an hysterical fashion. At first I got a bit panicky and kind of joined in the mood but I've been trying to take it in my stride and have joined him when he's done it in our play sessions. It's hard not to get all worked up when I'm doing though so hoping it doesn't last long!

I've been working mostly on Ben saying two words together this week, and getting them to sound like two words not just one long one. So 'coats head' when he wants me to put the dressing up coats on my head and bounce and 'bite arm' when he wants some sensory input :) He's doing quite well.

It works better with Ben if instead of requesting explicitly you act like you don't understand. So when he says head, instead of putting the coats on my head like I would normally I've been saying 'great job saying head this is my head yay!' and he's had to say 'coats' and then 'head' to explain what he means.

Got to go now or I might have a house full of wee!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment